Anti Snore Chin Strap Stop Sleeping Aid Tools
Of all the anti-snoring devices available, chin straps are one of the easiest to use. The simplest form of an anti-snoring chin strap consists of a cup made of fabric to provide support to the chin, and straps that go up the sides of the face and around the top of the head.
Have you ever noticed what happens between the time you lie down in bed and actually fall asleep? Generally, the cycle of events that unfold is something like:
- You are alert and still awake.
- Your brain begins to slow down, and you may experience some peculiar and vivid sensations such as a sudden jerk, or a feeling that someone is calling out your name.
- You slip into a state of drowsiness or light sleep which is actually the transition from being alert to falling asleep.
- You go into deeper sleep, your heart slows down and body temperature dips.
- You go into Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep where the brain becomes more active than during the previous stages, but the muscles become deeply relaxed.
During the stage when the muscles go into deep relaxation, they become completely flaccid and incapable of movement. This applies to the muscles in the jaw, too, and so the chin tends to drop down, leaving the mouth hanging open when a person goes into deep sleep.
In addition to this, the tongue and other tissues in the throat also tend to fall back, blocking the airways and causing the typical snoring sound to emerge from the mouth.
HOW CHIN STRAPS WORK
When you wear a chin strap before sleeping, it acts like a sling that serves to hold your jaw firmly in place. Thanks to this, the mouth stays closed and this forward position of the jaw reduces the risk of the tongue and throat tissues falling back to block the airways. The end result – there is no snoring.